Sunday, March 25, 2012

All Play, No Work

Although I brought plenty of art supplies to California I haven't had the inclination to paint.  We've just been having too much fun playing here in Palm Springs!


 
Laura and Amira came to stay with us for  a wonderful 10 days while Adam is in Libya

Laura in Palm Canyon, a natural oasis

Hiking in nearby Joshua Tree National Park


Some of the ladies of the 'Geezer Tennis Club' pose with guest young person!


The beautiful bougainvillea at Old Town La Quinta

My favourite collection of palms at our pool in the Esprit condo complex

There are ideas percolating in my artist's brain awaiting the time when they will tumble out onto something ... they all have this undercurrent of the colours of water in swimming pools!

1 comment:

  1. Of course, they do, Alice - you and turquoise and blue and green will be forever braided together in my brain.

    ReplyDelete