Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year



To begin 2012, I thank all of you who take the time to read this blog. Writing it gives me joy and I take great pleasure in receiving your comments and emails.  We are fortunate to live in a time when sharing information, inspiration, art and life is this easy!

As we slide into a new year I like to count the paintings I did in the year prior.  Of the 58 paintings I made in 2011 only 13 were larger than the daily format (which, for me, measure 6" x 6" or 5" x 7").  Compare this to 2010 ... when I began the almost daily painting project ... I made 59 paintings.  Of these, 30 were larger (although many not by much) than the small gems.  This has me noting that I am on target about creating more, smaller, daily paintings.  Heartfelt thanks for your tremendous response to these; there are only a handful left unsold.  

Although I haven't picked up a brush since before Christmas it won't be long before I do.  Until then I leave you with this painting.  A flame signifies so very much ... including, and especially, hope ...


Cherries, Candle, Check!   unframed oil 6" x 6"   $100.

No comments:

Post a Comment