Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Merry Amaryllis


Long ago, Sharlene http://sitekreator.com/stushnov/main_page.html
and I would send a box little gifts to one another.  Our tastes are so similar that buying for one another is like buying for ourselves making the shopping quest most pleasurable!  A few years ago we resumed the tradition with an added new twist; a painting exchange.
  

With my collection of treasures


Why save opening it all for Christmas morning?  My family doesn't need to witness the obsession, although I invite Bill to watch and he does.  So I bust into the box as soon as I receive it, often with a glass of wine, and always very slowly so as to savour the attention to detail of the exquisitely wrapped presents.  This year the parcel came on Christmas Eve day, so I wasn't overly early!
  

From Sharlene; Merry Amaryllis 2011 acrylic 8" x 10"

I wish that the camera could capture the warm glow of the metallic gold in the background, but sadly it does not.

I was annoyed with myself for not budgeting the time to paint a new amaryllis for Sharlene this year.  I'm hoping she'll forgive me for sending this painting, done in 2009, for a Christmas exhibition ...


For Sharlene; Merry Amaryllis  2009 acrylic 8" x 10"

No comments:

Post a Comment