Sunday, November 13, 2011

A 6x6 Marathon

Not all of these little gems fall of the brush; this one was especially painful.

the start

It seemed like a good idea to start with a purple background but I quickly discovered the trouble I had created for myself when I tried to get a bright, clean yellow on top of it.  I had to pull out my fast dry white to cover it over and still the resurrecting of that went on for hours and hours.  

the repair

I've let a couple of people peek at it (you know how weak I can be) and both want to buy it, so although I was exasperated with it (and didn't care if I ever saw it again) I am grateful that my angst doesn't show in the finished piece.  But maybe it does and this is the appeal?

the set up - I'll show you the finished painting, later!

Ah, but I can't wait to show you where purple worked like a charm in painting number 30, Royal Purple.  I so much want to paint more like it ... but by life this week, and next, may not permit the time to squeeze any more little gems in before ...

Canmore Christmas Artisan Market

November 26-27, 2011
10:00am - 4:00pm
Canmore Collegiate High School
1800 - 8th Avenue, Canmore, Alberta

No comments:

Post a Comment