Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The Goal

I want to have 30 little oil paintings for the Canmore Artisan's Christmas Market, November 26th and 27th.  I am excited to report that my daughters and I will all have booths side by side!  Denise sews purses and other amazing accessories with patterns she invents.  Laura has added hand created silver pieces, of her own designs, to her beaded jewellery.

Daily Gold   oil   5" x 7"   SOLD

I had six small paintings toward The Goal.  Because I needed a thank-you gift I was down to five.  Then, a certain someone (who shall remain nameless) came over and wore me down into selling her the painting above.  I am weak and I simply cannot resist her adoration or whining.  But the meagre collection was dwindling.

That the weather is so lovely isn't helping matters at all.  When yesterday started out cold and cranky I went to my room and painted a pear and crab apples which I clipped from the tree down the street.  Too bad I can't show it to you.  If I am to reach The Goal I have to stop posting any paintings I create between now and the end of November.

In the meantime I'm left with telling stories.  But of course you have the option of reading them ... or not!

No comments:

Post a Comment