Sunday, June 26, 2011

Painting and Camping

Fiesta Iris   unframed oil 5" x 7"   $100.   SOLD

You're likely aware, primarily through my continual complaining, about how wet (and cold) our spring has been.  So, as soon as we get a window of fine weather off we go R-Podding.  There was one such window last week.  We hitched up and went south west, for two nights, to one of our favourite places; Beaver Mines Lake.

I'm lured by the beauty there which includes my new favourite mountain and Bill is drawn by the fishing.  He goes out on the lake morning, afternoon and evening.

When I accompany him I get to gawk at Table Mountain

Sometimes when I don't go with him I paint. 

 
I had started Fiesta Iris a couple of weeks ago and thought this would be a good time to finish it.  When it was done, I laced into another, seen below, which I didn't finish ...


And then, as quickly as the window opened, it closed.  Under a threatening sky, on the morning of June 23rd, we packed up and came home.  And home is just a little more than an hour away from Beaver Mines.

No comments:

Post a Comment