Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The Art Journey

The art journey is not often on a straight, smooth road.  I feel the need to explain my absence here ... while I had hoped to publish the sequel to my last post There Are Places I Remember other things have taken precedent and the key painting for it sits on my easel unresolved and unfinished.
 
A small but happy turn out at the Art Club's paint-in on April 30th
 
The feature wall of our library show

As coordinator of the club's 3rd annual, month-long show at the Claresholm Public Library, I'm pleased to report that 16 members submitted a total of 63 pieces to this exhibition!  The opening reception took place May 4th when we had the unveiling of the What Do You See? project.  Don Campbell conceived the idea and, in February, he circulated an image inviting members to paint their interpretation.  Nine members took up the challenge.  The results were fascinating as were the artist's comments about how and why they arrived at them.  Not satisfied with her first attempt Judy Dahl painted three in total!  Pam Copeland (http://www.pamelacopelandart.com/) was unable to attend the opening so I shamelessly stepped in to claim her gorgeous entry ...

Me with Pam's exquisite chalk pastel

For more photos please click on this link:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150594968475438.667163.715295437&l=ee9d5e42d1

And now, along with these two ladies, I am involved in a public art project.  We're hard at work researching and preparing the maquette, but we did take time off for Mother's day!

No comments:

Post a Comment