Wednesday, January 12, 2011

My Mystic Muse

Over Christmas I photographed Kari with her gift of a blown glass pear.


Her expression and the way she held the pear begged me to paint the image. And so, for my first painting of 2011, I began on a 16" x 12" panel with acrylic paint thinned to handle like watercolour. There was an incredible amount of dead space around her head and shoulders so I have decided to crop the piece to look like this:


In order for the painting to have my desired angel-like, ethereal quality I opted to paint the background light and to change her dark sweater to white. While I think the work needs some minimal tweaking to her features and some more highlights on her glorious hair I feel it is mostly finished!

My Mystic Muse oil on panel 14" x 11"

No comments:

Post a Comment