Sunday, April 4, 2010

Palm Canyon Hike

Thursday, April 1st


Bill asked me what I wanted to do on my last day in Palm Springs, I said "I'd like to hike among the giant palms". After our last lunch on the patio we went to the Agua Caliente Indian Reservation.

Our past experience lead us to return to Palm Canyon the most magnificent of the three canyons there. We walk a mile into it ...


... before heading up the Indian Potero Trail. If you follow the palms into the heart of this photo you will see where they turn back right around the slope with the yellow flowering scrubs, it's a very long canyon ...


We went just far and high enough to be able to look back and see Palm Springs in the distance ...


Up there we found some enormous, fiercely prickly cacti ...


With some very soft blooms ...


No comments:

Post a Comment