Sunday, April 25, 2010

Doing What I Want, Not What I Should

With Bring on the Blooms opening June 4th I should be working on my 4th painting for it. The Bird of Paradise one. But, I don't feel like it. What I want to do is make little still life paintings. Yesterday, I did these two:


Tomatoes in a Pepper Boat
5" x 7"



Stand By Me 6" x 6"

On January 13th, 2010, the very first day that I posted "daily paintings" on my website, three sold! Regular visitors (God love them ... I do) have found the gems, at the excellent price of $100. each, and have shopped heartily. So much so that of the 23 I've done thus far (I never promised to adhere to the every day part!) there are only 10 currently available. I haven't got the nerve to send out a mass email announcement (to my small, but loyal, list of collectors) inviting them to "come take a look" until there are several more to choose from.

And what's best of all? I'm loving painting them! And it's a good thing I work well under pressure!

No comments:

Post a Comment